Wednesday, April 29, 2009

temporary info for jessica

i cant send anything thrrough my school e-mail now.

sigh*


Commission blurb-

I started taking commissions in 2005 when my friends mother hired me to paint a 30' mural in her basement. At the time I knew nothing about mural painting and it took several weeks of effort to put up a basic mural. I really enjoyed it though, so when I had the chance I took a class with professional muralist and social activist Mike Alewitz. He showed us how to pull off a mural quickly and efficiently. By the end of the semester I completed a 52' section of a collaborative stairwell mural in less than four days. During this time span, I also started repeatedly painting my Volkswagen Vanagon with various murals. I ened up feeling pretty confident with the process and in October of 2008 I painted another vanagon up in Prince Edward Island, Canada for my friends Aswah and Lisa. Shortly after finishing, they ended up driving my mural clear across the continent through Canada and the continental U.S. As a result of this many vintage VW drivers found out who I was and I have contacted me requesting similar murals. Shortly after I graduate, I have a job in south Florida painting two VW buses for a woman and her children. The first bus will be a typical "flower-power" hippie mural and the second bus will be a yoga themed mural. After that I may have another VW in Tennessee to paint. If you are interested in aquiring my art on your vehicle please contact me via e-mail or by calling me at 1(860) 806-1107.

No comments:

Post a Comment